|Barcode systems can save your business time and money in areas such as fixed assets tracking, inventory control, shipping & receiving, employee tracking, and retail point of sale (POS). Barcodes are commonly used in retail stores, warehouses, human resource departments, tool rooms, libraries, and many other places. |
A powerful bar code solution, beginning with the implementation of the HiTech Bar Code module, streamlines your entire business process. You can collect data more quickly than ever before, and warehouse and shipping/ receiving staff can record bar coded items with a scanner connected to your computer. An array of data can be gathered, validated and verified in this way - not only inventory counts, but also quantities, item numbers and lot/ serial numbers of goods shipped and goods received.
Instead of time-consuming manual data entry, the data can be easily scanned into your HiTech Accounting and Inventory Control system. Inventory errors are very costly to your business; Bar Code's advanced features can virtually eliminate data entry errors. Bar Code can automate procedures for dozens of employees, and many businesses discover that implementation of a bar coding solution pays for itself with the very first use. You have the option to enable or disable barcoding in HiTech Business Accounting Software.
Bar Code Software Features
- Bar Code Printing: Bar codes can be printed in Bar Code 39, and can be set up to print to any laser or inkjet printer. No special bar code printer is needed.
- You Import the Inventory Transactions: Inventory sales, issues, transfer & receipt information is scanned into Inventory Transaction Entry. Physical count of items information is scanned into Physical Count field . Once imported, transactions can be edited and updated.
- Import Purchase Order Transactions: Receiving of information is scanned into Receipt of Goods/Invoice Entry. Once imported, transactions can be edited and updated.
- Inventory or Purchase Order or Sales Order: Inquiry You can inquire at any time regarding the status of all inventory items, open purchase orders & sales orders.
- Receipt or Invoice History Inquiry: View summary & the detailed receipt or invoice information, including header information and line item detail.
- Customer or Supplier Inquiry: Vital information for any specific customer/vendor can be quickly reviewed.
- Barcode Label Printing: Bar code printing is available for lot/serial, inventory receipt, and purchase order receipt labels and BOM production labels. Apart from this bar code label printing is also available for all transactions, customer, supplier modules etc.
- Purchase Order Receiver Printing: A bar coded purchase order (receiver) can be printed for use during receipt of goods. Bar coded purchase order numbers, item numbers and quantities are printed to be scanned as goods are received. The bar coded receiver makes it possible to receive items that have not previously been bar coded.
- Printing of Sales Order: A bar coded sales order can be printed for use during shipping. Bar coded sales order numbers, item numbers and quantities are printed and can be scanned as goods are shipped. When used in conjunction with a bar code label, you can verify that the item shipped matches the item number on the sales order.
- Printing of Picking Sheet: A bar coded picking sheet can be generated for use during shipping. Bar coded sales order numbers, item numbers and quantities are printed and can be scanned as goods are shipped.
- Automatic Accumulation of Scan Counts: If you scan additional quantities of an item previously scanned, the Inventory Physical Count quantity will be accumulated rather than overridden.
- Automatic Bill of Materials Import: - Eliminate tedious entry of serial or lot numbers into Bill of Materials (BOM) Production Entry and Disassembly Entry by scanning the information from bar code labels.